Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - Our Engagement Story

Let's start at the beginning. Every "Wedding Wednesday" post to follow that will relive every hectic and joyful moment until I became Mrs. S, started with the day we got engaged. Here's how it went down. 

I was sure that Mr. S was going to come to Michigan and surprise me on my 22nd birthday with a proposal. He kept telling me that he wouldn't be able to get leave and therefore wouldn't be able to fly up from South Carolina. I was convinced he was lying. My birthday came and ... nothing. I went out with friends and ironically enough asked my best girlfriends to be in my bridal party that night. Let me back up a bit. Mr. S and I had decided some months prior that we would get married and not only that we would get married, but when we would get married. We wanted to be together and because he was in the Navy and only could come home for a wedding for certain the weekend of July 4th, we knew it would happen then. 

So I was really just waiting for him to "officially" propose. I had already told my family we would be getting married, he had told his, I was starting to make plans (I only had 4 months!), and now I had asked my girls.

Back to my birthday: by the end of the night I had realized that Mr. S wasn't surprising me. We talked on the phone and I assumed that he was going to pop the question in May when we had a visit planned. I went to bed kind of upset that I would only have two months to be "officially" engaged. 

The next day was a whirlwind. It was my roommate's bridal shower and as a member of her bridal party I was running around like crazy. Her shower ended and after helping to clean up I asked my mom to give me a ride back home. We were pulling in the driveway and the last words I said before becoming engaged were "Dang. I really have to poop."

I walked in the door and first saw a video camera. I thought one of two things - 1. I was getting proposed to or 2. I was going to be on the next episode of criminal minds. Next, I saw candles and I figured it was probably a proposal. Mr. S came walking around the corner and I was so happy to see him I tackled him as he was getting down on one knee and hence ruined his idea to capture it on camera. He said some sweet things that neither of us can remember and then asked "Will you marry me?" I said "Yes!" and then called my mama of course.

She told me "Oh honey. I am so happy for you. Did you get a chance to poop? It's not good to hold that in."


4 comments:

  1. Criminal Minds, hilarious. What a great and funny engagement story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, you crack me up. Great story though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments as much as a good wine loves old cheese!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...