Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Country Life

When I was a child we briefly lived in Northern Michigan in a tiny little town off the interstate. It was about as country as you could get there and I loved it. We moved down state (to a city) and while it was always my mother's intention to go back it just never happened. I've lived in a city ever since. There are so many things that I enjoy about living in or close to a big city, especially now that we live so close to Charleston, SC. I miss the slower pace lifestyle though where traffic isn't insane and you know every single one of your neighbors. 

I had a chance to visit my college roommate at her and her husband's first home before moving to Charleston this past summer. They live in a tiny little lake-side town in Western Michigan and I couldn't get enough of it. I can't wait to visit her again! With Mr. S in the Navy it is doubtful we will live in the "country" anytime soon, but maybe we'll retire somewhere like this one day. 






5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. I have fond memories of visiting michigan as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have grown up in small town USA and I miss it so much, I don't mind driving a long way to the grocery store I'm just use to it. Hope you get to make it back there one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely! i'm dreaming of living in a country side one day. or somewhere like Stars Hollow. i miss the time when everyone knows everyone. i mean, living in a city, i don't even know who lives my next door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he was in the Army, y'all would have plenty of farm living opportunities. Our neighborhood at Fort Bragg was bordered on three sides by working farms. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats so pretty! I'd love to live somewhere like that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments as much as a good wine loves old cheese!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...